Products and Services
The Iona Gas Storage Facility provides the following products and services to the gas industry:
- Gas Storage Services: includes receipt of gas from pipeline connection points for injection into reservoirs, storage of gas in the reservoirs, and withdrawal of gas from reservoirs for injection into pipeline connection points. Firm compression services are provided as part of Gas Storage Services;
- Raw Gas Processing Services: includes receipt of raw gas from on-shore or offshore fields for treatment and processing at Iona Gas Plant and delivery of sales gas;
- Compression Services: includes the receipt of gas from pipeline connection points for compression through Iona Compression Facilities to increase pressure for delivery into other pipeline connection points. From 1 March 2019, Compression Services can be separately acquired through the Capacity Trading and Day-Ahead Auction Platforms operated by AEMO.
Capacity Trading and Day-Ahead Auction
1. Operational Transportation Service Agreement (Iona Compression)
In order to acquire compression services at Iona Compression Facilities through the Capacity Trading and Day-Ahead Auction platform, a prospective customer is required to enter into an Operational Transportation Services Agreement (OTSA) with Lochard.
Lochard is required to publish a standard form of OTSA (Iona Compression). A prospective compression service user may make a request to Lochard Energy to enter into the agreement.
The terms of the standard OTSA (Iona Compression) include required Standard Terms set out in the Operational Transportation Services Code, as well as Lochard Energy’s Facility Specific Terms which set out terms tailored to the requirement of Iona Compression Facilities.
A full copy of the standard OTSA (Iona Compression) is available here. The first version (version 1) was published on 22 January 2019 and will be effective from 1 March 2019. Version 1 will remain current until a notice is published on Lochard’s website that there has been a revision to that version.
For general information on Capacity Trading and the Day-Ahead Auction, please visit AEMO’s information page or to enquire about any of Lochard’s products and services, please contact our Commercial team at the firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 8646 0550.
2. Standardisation Cost Charge
Standardisation Cost Charges are permitted charges for the recovery of standardisation costs incurred by facility operators for the development of an OTSA, implementation of systems and processes, and on-going operation and compliance, as specified under the National Gas Rules. Standardisation Cost Charges are designed to recover incremental legal, regulatory, IT and operating expenses directly related to requirements of the Capacity Trading and Day-ahead Auction reform. The current list of Standardisation Cost Charges are provided in the table below and will be reviewed periodically to ensure level of charges are consistent with the costs incurred.
|Standardisation Cost Charges*||Fixed Standardisation Charge($ per month)||Variable Standardisation Charge($/GJ)|
|Traded Compression Service||n/a||$0.10|
|Compression Auction Service||$1,000||$0.50|
* all charges are effective from 1 March 2019, ex-GST, in $2018.